Community Garden Art Project
What: A call for art on garden themes (flowers, plants, Puget Sound wildlife & nature) to place as permanent installations on the fence of the New Start Community Garden (Shark Garden).
The Garden is located at the old baseball field, New Start High School, 614 SE 120th Street, Burien, WA.
New Start is a magnet school for at-risk youth within the Highline School District. Students from the school do projects in the garden throughout the year. See https://sharkgarden.org/ for more on the Community Garden.
Shark Garden en New Start High School está aceptando entregas de arte de jóvenes locales y miembros de la comunidad para la cerca del jardín. El arte estará relacionado con la jardinería, los jardines, los productos agrícolas, las flores, la naturaleza, la vida silvestre de Puget Sound, etc. El objetivo del proyecto de arte es colocar una instalación de arte permanente en la cerca del jardín comunitario en la preparatoria New Start en Burien que represente arte relacionado al jardín y refleja la cultura de la escuela y la comunidad. El arte debe ser arte original del artista. Los jóvenes pueden entregar 1 o 2 obras originales.
- The art work must be the original work of the artist submitting it
- The art work can be in any style and medium
- The art work must be in a square format of any size
How to submit:
- Take 1-2 photographs of 1-2 art works. You will need to resize larger images before uploading so that email will accept them. You can resize and compress images online at http://resizeimage.net/. Please resize the photos so that each is a maximum of 2MB.
- Submission deadline: June 15, 2021 (extended from May 31, 2021)
What happens after that?
- The Curation Committee will select the works that will be used on the fence from those submitted.
- Photographs of the selected works will be mounted in a fabricated aluminum composite sign by a local sign shop and installed on the Garden fence as permanent installations. The Community Garden is located at the old baseball field, New Start High School, 614 SW 120th Street, Burien, WA.
- A celebration with the artists and community will take place in summer 2021.