Call for Art & Artists
2019 Burien Art Market
Burien Arts Association’s 12th Annual Burien Art Market (formerly Vision 20/20)
The Burien Art Market (formerly Vision 20/20)is an art store and fundraiser for Burien Arts Association. Proceeds will aid in Burien Arts’s mission to bring quality, affordable art experiences to our community. This event consists of fifty artists who produce nine new and unique works of art each on 8 x 8 inch panels provided by Burien Arts in a medium of their choosing. Sorry, no photography.
This annual event usually draws 300+ patrons. Each piece is sold for $40 with 50/50 commission between the artist and Burien Arts.
CALL FOR ART
Interested artists should fill out the submission form, which will be reviewed by a jury of Burien Arts Board Members and volunteers.
New this Year: Artists can also submit existing works that will be sold in the new Burien Art Market Store with the same 50/50 commission. Art submitted for sale in the Store must be priced at less than $100. Any unsold art will be returned to the artist at the end of the event.
Please let us know if you have any questions at email@example.com
BURIEN ART MARKET ART SALE DETAILS
When: November 16, 2019, 6:30 – 10:00 PM
Where: Burien Community Center, 14700 6th Ave SW, Burien, WA
Why: Benefit the ongoing visual and performing arts programs put on by Burien Arts
Who: Burien Arts is a non-profit community arts organization founded in the early 1960’s with the mission to engage, enrich and entertain the Burien community through creative innovative arts programming that is accessible and affordable to all.
- June 15: Call for Art & Artists & New this Year Burien Art Market Store opens
- August 24 (extended): Call for Artists (panels) closes @ 5:00 PM
- Sept 7: Artist orientation & panel distribution at the new Discover Burien Office Time: Drop in 10 AM-3 PM Location: 611 SW 152nd St, Burien, 98166
- November 10 @ 5:00 PM: Call for Art for Burien Art Market Store closes
- November 16: Panel & art drop-off & Burien Art Market event